Friday, October 28, 2011

Eternal Assets

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed; for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)

At certain times of the year people get serious about reporting their income. On a more detailed level, as they are reviewing last year’s financial reporting, some individuals and corporations will be compiling year-end reports with profit and loss statements and balance sheets. Some of the line items on these documents will be assets and liabilities. In the financial world, only tangible assets are to be reported. These are the assets which can be proven to exist. They can be seen. But often the greatest assets are intangible ones which produce tangible results.

THE PEOPLE OF GOD HAVE TWO ETERNAL ASSETS WORLDLY PEOPLE DO NOT SHARE: GOD'S PRESENCE AND GOD'S PERSON.

Without the presence of God, we have no standard of godly living. We live as though we know best, only to live in insecurity and chaos. When we chase after only the tangible things that this world offers, we never acquire the intangible peace at the core of our being. God’s promise to Isaiah in very trying times is a promise to us today. When we look around and see chaos and turmoil, incredible pain and suffering, God promises His presence and His person in the midst of it all. God’s words that say I am with you and I am your God can give us hope today.

I. GOD IS PRESENT WITH ME. He is here. I do not have to wait to experience Him in heaven. He is with me now. He is presently present. That is His proclamation. It is not my idea. It is reality. Fear is needless when God is with me.
II. GOD IS PERSONAL TO ME. He is known by me. He is my God. My relationship is a personal one. When I feel discouraged, He is the One who uplifts. When I feel alone, He is available and never too busy for me. He is accessible and willing to love me. He makes the declaration that He is mine. I can only possess God when He possesses me. I have no reason to be dismayed when He is my God.
Supernatural strength, help, and righteousness are the tangible results of these intangible assets.
Are you living so that others may know that God is with you and He is your God?
Are you assessing your eternal assets today?

No comments: